Update: Starting in early march 2009, Zecco changed their stock trading fees. In order to get the 10 free trades/month investors must have at least a $25,000 balance in their brokerage account OR they must have executed at least 25 trades for the previous month. Otherwise the commission is still pretty low at $4.50/stock trade.
Zecco, the online stock brokerage has revolutionized online stock trading over the past two years with its ten free trades per month policy, no account minimums and the ever growing investment community that this broker has created on their site. Using Zecco’s community you could get in touch with thousands of investors, who are taking advantage of the free stock/ETF trading.
Since I make several trades a month as part of my process to build my dividend portfolio, the free trades that Zecco offers its brokerage customers really saves me some money.
The main reasons why people switch over to Zecco include:
1. Zecco offers 10 free stock trades/month if you open an account, and maintain a balance of $25,000 or execute at least 25 trades/month.
2. After you use the ten free trades per month you are charged only $4.50 for stock trades
3. The execution is instantaneous for market orders and there’s no slippage
4. There are no minimum balances to open and keep your brokerage account 5
. There are no monthly inactivity fees for brokerage accounts
6. You can trade stocks, ETFs, options, mutual funds
7. The account opening process is straightforward and there’s no paperwork involved – it’s all electronic
8. You get free real time quotes and charts with your Zecco account.
9. You can open a Traditional, Roth or Rollover IRA.
10. If you link your brokerage account to your checking/savings account your ACH transfers take 2 business days
The ten free stock trades per month are definitely worth opening an account at Zecco.
A common question I receive deals with the amount of money needed for retirement. This amount varies depending to personal situations. 1...
Last week I shared with you a list of nine dividend champions , which I believed were attractively valued. Today I am sharing with you a few...
Last month, I discussed with you reasons to have your own unique investment strategy . I reached the following conclusion: If you follow ...
I invest in dividend growth stocks in order to generate a rising stream of dependable dividend income. Dividend income is more stable , and ...
Every dollar that you have in your possession can be traced back to you exchanging your labor for money. The labor you provided was essentia...
I recently read the following announcement from Vanguard : " Vanguard Dividend Growth Fund (VDIGX) is closed to new investors as of J...
It is important to understand the simple math behind early retirement. Your savings rate, and asset returns will determine how long it takes...
This guest post was written by Joe Ferris, who is a long-time reader of the site. The author now manages money professionally and creates in...
The most common question or variation of a question I get concerns the amount of time to monitor my portfolio . This includes monitoring exi...
I invest in dividend growth stocks in order to generate a rising stream of dependable dividend income. Dividend income is more stable than c...