Update: Starting in early march 2009, Zecco changed their stock trading fees. In order to get the 10 free trades/month investors must have at least a $25,000 balance in their brokerage account OR they must have executed at least 25 trades for the previous month. Otherwise the commission is still pretty low at $4.50/stock trade.
Zecco, the online stock brokerage has revolutionized online stock trading over the past two years with its ten free trades per month policy, no account minimums and the ever growing investment community that this broker has created on their site. Using Zecco’s community you could get in touch with thousands of investors, who are taking advantage of the free stock/ETF trading.
Since I make several trades a month as part of my process to build my dividend portfolio, the free trades that Zecco offers its brokerage customers really saves me some money.
The main reasons why people switch over to Zecco include:
1. Zecco offers 10 free stock trades/month if you open an account, and maintain a balance of $25,000 or execute at least 25 trades/month.
2. After you use the ten free trades per month you are charged only $4.50 for stock trades
3. The execution is instantaneous for market orders and there’s no slippage
4. There are no minimum balances to open and keep your brokerage account 5
. There are no monthly inactivity fees for brokerage accounts
6. You can trade stocks, ETFs, options, mutual funds
7. The account opening process is straightforward and there’s no paperwork involved – it’s all electronic
8. You get free real time quotes and charts with your Zecco account.
9. You can open a Traditional, Roth or Rollover IRA.
10. If you link your brokerage account to your checking/savings account your ACH transfers take 2 business days
The ten free stock trades per month are definitely worth opening an account at Zecco.
The stock market has been showing signs of weakness this quarter. Little did I know that the stock market will go down so quickly after I wr...
I like to keep my investing simple. I purchase shares in companies I believe to be attractively valued , when I see a track record of raisin...
Two of the companies I own announced their intentions to hike their dividends . As a dividend growth investor, this is always good news. The...
One of the many questions I receive from readers relates to time spent managing my dividend portfolio . The truth is that I have multiple s...
The biggest advantage of dividend growth investing is the ability to set a goal, and track progress towards that goal. This is because divid...
I believe that time spent learning the ropes behind dividend growth investing is worth it. In this article I will discuss why I believe tha...
This is the second and final part on the article from Tuesday. Please refer to the first part that was posted on Tuesday. I believe that...
There are different ways to weight a dividend portfolio. I am going to examine the three most popular methods in this article. Then I am goi...
One criticism of Dividend Growth Investing is that it focuses exclusively on large cap stocks. The common complaint is that if you buy a sm...
There are many risks to investing . One of the major risks that could ruin a portfolio’s chances of generating adequate dividends are p...