Update: Starting in early march 2009, Zecco changed their stock trading fees. In order to get the 10 free trades/month investors must have at least a $25,000 balance in their brokerage account OR they must have executed at least 25 trades for the previous month. Otherwise the commission is still pretty low at $4.50/stock trade.
Zecco, the online stock brokerage has revolutionized online stock trading over the past two years with its ten free trades per month policy, no account minimums and the ever growing investment community that this broker has created on their site. Using Zecco’s community you could get in touch with thousands of investors, who are taking advantage of the free stock/ETF trading.
Since I make several trades a month as part of my process to build my dividend portfolio, the free trades that Zecco offers its brokerage customers really saves me some money.
The main reasons why people switch over to Zecco include:
1. Zecco offers 10 free stock trades/month if you open an account, and maintain a balance of $25,000 or execute at least 25 trades/month.
2. After you use the ten free trades per month you are charged only $4.50 for stock trades
3. The execution is instantaneous for market orders and there’s no slippage
4. There are no minimum balances to open and keep your brokerage account 5
. There are no monthly inactivity fees for brokerage accounts
6. You can trade stocks, ETFs, options, mutual funds
7. The account opening process is straightforward and there’s no paperwork involved – it’s all electronic
8. You get free real time quotes and charts with your Zecco account.
9. You can open a Traditional, Roth or Rollover IRA.
10. If you link your brokerage account to your checking/savings account your ACH transfers take 2 business days
The ten free stock trades per month are definitely worth opening an account at Zecco.
As we all know, the stock market is at an all time high. That is despite the fact that earnings for the US corporations have been flat for ...
As part of my portfolio monitoring process , I evaluate the list of dividend increases every week. It is helpful to monitor how my investmen...
The ultimate goals of everyone reading this site is to retire wealthy and to stay retired. Financial independence provides flexibility, fre...
Right now, many investors are sitting on huge unrealized gains in the companies they have bought years ago. I am in those shoes too. However...
Many of you are aware that I have been a big fan of tax-deferred investing over the past three – four years. After my awakening moment in l...
After observing market behavior for 20 years, I have come to the conclusion that many investors do not have a clue about how to make money i...
It seems like international investing is all the rage these days. It seems like everywhere I look, someone is recommending investors to add ...
I do not like it, when my dividend paying companies are acquisition targets. Last week, shares of Hershey (HSY) increased to an all-time ...
General Mills, Inc. (GIS) manufactures and markets branded consumer foods in the United States and internationally. It also supplies branded...
There are several guidelines about becoming a successful dividend investor. They are centered around several key points I am going to be dis...