Update: Starting in early march 2009, Zecco changed their stock trading fees. In order to get the 10 free trades/month investors must have at least a $25,000 balance in their brokerage account OR they must have executed at least 25 trades for the previous month. Otherwise the commission is still pretty low at $4.50/stock trade.
Zecco, the online stock brokerage has revolutionized online stock trading over the past two years with its ten free trades per month policy, no account minimums and the ever growing investment community that this broker has created on their site. Using Zecco’s community you could get in touch with thousands of investors, who are taking advantage of the free stock/ETF trading.
Since I make several trades a month as part of my process to build my dividend portfolio, the free trades that Zecco offers its brokerage customers really saves me some money.
The main reasons why people switch over to Zecco include:
1. Zecco offers 10 free stock trades/month if you open an account, and maintain a balance of $25,000 or execute at least 25 trades/month.
2. After you use the ten free trades per month you are charged only $4.50 for stock trades
3. The execution is instantaneous for market orders and there’s no slippage
4. There are no minimum balances to open and keep your brokerage account 5
. There are no monthly inactivity fees for brokerage accounts
6. You can trade stocks, ETFs, options, mutual funds
7. The account opening process is straightforward and there’s no paperwork involved – it’s all electronic
8. You get free real time quotes and charts with your Zecco account.
9. You can open a Traditional, Roth or Rollover IRA.
10. If you link your brokerage account to your checking/savings account your ACH transfers take 2 business days
The ten free stock trades per month are definitely worth opening an account at Zecco.
“Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections, or trying to anticipate corrections, than has been lost in corrections...
Investors who are looking for quality stocks that regularly raise dividends have several lists available as a starting point in their ...
My investing goals are very simple – to cover my expenses from dividend income generated from my portfolio. In order to translate goals in...
Every dollar that you have in your possession can be traced back to you exchanging your labor for money. The labor you provided was essentia...
Motif Investing is an established brokerage which lets investors create their own portfolios, and purchase them for a set commission. Each...
I have highlighted below several frequently asked questions about dividend investing. This is not an all inclusive list, but more of a runn...
Altria Group , Inc.(MO), through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States. T...
There are four key attributes that need to be considered, in order to be successful at dividend investing. These ingredients include focusin...
There are many misconceptions about dividend investing. I have tried itemizing several of them, outlining them, and providing a brief comm...
I have been writing about dividend growth investing since January 2008. I often get asked questions by readers. Many of those questions in...