Update: Starting in early march 2009, Zecco changed their stock trading fees. In order to get the 10 free trades/month investors must have at least a $25,000 balance in their brokerage account OR they must have executed at least 25 trades for the previous month. Otherwise the commission is still pretty low at $4.50/stock trade.
Zecco, the online stock brokerage has revolutionized online stock trading over the past two years with its ten free trades per month policy, no account minimums and the ever growing investment community that this broker has created on their site. Using Zecco’s community you could get in touch with thousands of investors, who are taking advantage of the free stock/ETF trading.
Since I make several trades a month as part of my process to build my dividend portfolio, the free trades that Zecco offers its brokerage customers really saves me some money.
The main reasons why people switch over to Zecco include:
1. Zecco offers 10 free stock trades/month if you open an account, and maintain a balance of $25,000 or execute at least 25 trades/month.
2. After you use the ten free trades per month you are charged only $4.50 for stock trades
3. The execution is instantaneous for market orders and there’s no slippage
4. There are no minimum balances to open and keep your brokerage account 5
. There are no monthly inactivity fees for brokerage accounts
6. You can trade stocks, ETFs, options, mutual funds
7. The account opening process is straightforward and there’s no paperwork involved – it’s all electronic
8. You get free real time quotes and charts with your Zecco account.
9. You can open a Traditional, Roth or Rollover IRA.
10. If you link your brokerage account to your checking/savings account your ACH transfers take 2 business days
The ten free stock trades per month are definitely worth opening an account at Zecco.
I posted my goals for 2016 a few weeks ago. After some changes that I became aware of subsequent to posting the article, I have some change...
The first week of this year has been brutal for many investors. It is during times like these that you see who really is a long-term invest...
In the first two weeks of this year, the stock market has been down a lot . For someone who invests for dividends, I am relatively agnostic ...
Today marks the eight year of Dividend Growth Investor website . I wanted to thank all of you who follow my humble site. I didn’t really exp...
It is nice to have a diversified income stream . While many seem to look for a focused method, I look for a diversified method of generating...
Warren Buffett is one of the best investors in the world . He is skilled in the art of capital allocation. I have always suspected that the ...
ConocoPhillips (COP) just announced that it is cutting its quarterly dividend from 74 to 25 cents/share. This comes after management consta...
Most readers know me as a person that buys a stock in a company I like, and then I keep building a position as long as valuation and allocat...
To be honest, I didn’t do much investing wise in January. Of course, I didn't panic and I stayed the course . Per my earlier article I s...
The first three weeks of this month have been terrible for investors worldwide . It could be painful to watch your portfolio value decrease ...